By Michael Gaeta, L.Ac.
Dairy products are among the foods most harmful to human beings, because they:
• Contain steroids, antibiotics, growth hormones & pesticides which are given to the cows and the land they feed on.
• Are difficult to digest (especially casein - milk protein). The only creatures designed to digest cow’s milk are baby cows. They have four stomachs, and a very different digestive system.
• Contribute to constipation, a widespread problem among Americans. A person who eats three meals per day should have 2-3 bowel movements per day.
• Are mucous-forming
• Aggravate allergic conditions & asthma, especially in children.
• Contain no absorbable calcium, because the pasteurization process destroys enzymes and amino acids needed to assimilate it
. • Contribute to arthritis & diabetes
• Are highly allergenic
• Contribute to colds, flu & ear infections, especially in children. Even the American Academy of Pediatrics acknowledges that infants in their first year should consume no cow’s milk.
• Cause loss of iron & hemoglobin in infants, by interfering with iron absorption in the intestines. • May contain toxic levels of vitamins A & D. Many studies have found greatly varying levels of these synthetic vitamins in store-bought milk, some hundreds of times greater than what is safe for human beings to consume.
• Harm the immune system
• In general, pasteurized foods have no nutritional value, because pasteurization destroys enzymes and amino acids needed to assimilate vitamins and minerals.
“Isn''t it weird that we drink milk, stuff designed to nourish baby cows? How did THAT happen? Did some cattleman once say, "Oh, man, I can''t wait till them calves are done so I can get ME a hit of that stuff." - Jerry Seinfeld
Back To Home Page